The School District has made a commitment to advancing towards a more paperless school with the implementation of the Virtual Backpack. Through this effort, district information will be provided on line, instead of on paper.
To ensure that you do not miss any important information, the District intends to use E-Alerts as a method of delivery of all pertinent district information such as weather information and Virtual Backpack information.
To take advantage of the E-Alerts feature, parents will have to register online on our district website and subscribe to those sections or sites from which they wish to receive notices, announcements, etc. After registering, E-Alerts will be emails sent to subscribers notifying them of changes made to those sections or sites on the web. Please note ... these emails will be sent from SchoolWires E-Alert System with an address of email@example.com - this address may need to be whitelisted in your email account. To view a video on how to customize your calendar view and add subscriptions, click here. You may also want to refer to the e-Alerts for Parents Manual.
In order to provide the best communication between our district and your household, we are requesting that you register on our website and subscribe to the areas that are important to you and your child/children. To do this, please do the following:
2. Click on the Register button at the top right of the page.
3. Enter your birthdate and click Submit.
4. Please fill out the form that displays. Note that there are required fields: First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Sign-In Name, Password and Confirming Password.
Tip: Suggestion to make your Schoolwires password the same as your Home Access password.
Tip: We recommend that you at least add your zip code, as this will enable you to take advantage of the distance calculation feature on this website.
5. Make sure that the box that says "Please send me e-alerts for this site" is selected, and click Submit.
6. You will now see a message that your registration has been accepted.
7. Please click Sign In and use the Sign-In Name and password that you just assigned yourself..
8. Once signed in, you will need to click on the My Account tab that appears at the top right of the page and click Edit Account Settings.9. You will now see your profile displayed and available to edit if necessary. Please click on the Subscriptions tab and click Add Area. Type in the word "district" to add Lower Moreland Township School District. This will add the district homepage to the informaiton that you will receive by email. Weather delays or closures will be posted here and issued as email E-Alerts. Parents should then type in the word "Virtual Backpack" to add documents posted to the virtual backpack. Please be sure to add your child's school and teacher to your subscriptions as well. At this point, you will be able to select any sections on our website to which you would like to subscribe. This subscription will enable you to receive email messages from the editors of these sections, if they decide to announce a significant update on their pages. Please select any additional pages that may apply to you or your child/children, for example: teacher page(s), athletic page(s), etc.
10. Next click on the Alerts tab. Add your mobile number and mobile provider and click No to "only send emergency e-Alerts to mobile". You will now be set to receive important alerts from our website on your mobile device. Please note that weather delays and closures are not considered emergencies.
Thank you very much for helping us to provide exemplary communication to our parents, students and community.